Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Notes from the Outer Banks

On a trip to show our younger son the Wright Memorial (a true lover of planes, our lad) we ate at Dirty Dicks. It's a seafood place and their tagline is "I got my crabs at Dirty Dicks." Nice eh? Oddly enough it is a family style place inside not a Hooters place. Pity the Virginia Beach location is not on Pleasure House Road.

I do think the Outer Banks needs to export the Brew Thru concept. I would commit foul acts for the ability to drive through and grab milk while kids slept in the back of the car, rather than hauling them out again at the grocery since I forget to get that one last thing. So wonderful would it be.

6 comments:

Brack said...

Given your candy fetish, did you stock up on salt water taffy while at the beach? No trip to the shore is complete without a sunburn, a wound inflicted by some sort of sealife, and a case of taffy tummy.

b

Anonymous said...

Do y'all really like salt water taffy? I always thought that was for the tourists.

Brew Thru made it to the Dixie or Yankee quix. One version:

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/yankee_dixie_quiz.html

Brack said...

The first rule of taffy club is -- you don't talk about taffy club.

The second rule of taffy club is -- you DON'T talk about taffy club.

Tripp said...

I, a member of taffy club, am happy to speak of its loveliness. What is not to love about totally fake flavored sugar? I mean come on.

That is a great quiz

Tripp said...

Funny you should mention it though Braxton. I kept bringing up Forbes taffy but no one bit. It was one of those nostalgic stories that no one else cares about.

Brack said...

"No one bit"

Oh, my aching sides.