Sunday, August 13, 2006

Reading quandary

OK, I won't glorify this to the level of quandary, but what to do when your books seem vaguely dissatisfying and yet you don't what to give up? I started Cold as the Grave, by the excellent Peter Robinson, but it feels a bit flat at the moment. I also read the first few pages of Moonlight Hotel, a satire of American policy in the mid-east. Just to ensure that I spread myself thin, I am also reading the Zanzibar Chest, which is great, and Friendly Fire which concerns Anti-Americanism and what to do about it. Anyway, if I put down the Robinson, I doubt I will ever pick it up again. I could probably re-start Moonlight down the road some time. Something is holding me back on that despite the fact that the Egyptologist beckons. Oh well, muddle through and all that.

It probably doesn't help that I am racing through Sopranos Season 5 either. I find it amusing how different Paul Shulze's character is on Sopranos (Father Phil) than on 24 (Ryan Chappelle).

No comments: