Saturday, August 05, 2006

Thanks a lot friends*

Two highly trusted book-recommeding friends have just consumed all of Mo Hayder's ouevre. Now I tried one before, but found it the most gory thing I have read in years. Despite my liking violent books, I am a notorious candy ass weak stomached pussy when it comes to these things. Looks like I will have to pick them up again. One of her recent books concerns the Rape of Nanking. If you can stand stories of monstrous atrocities, then you might want to read Iris Chang's book on the subject. It's quite good.

Harris sends word that Chad Vader episode 2 is out. Also the entire Domesday Book is now online. Yes the entire Domesday book, although I don't think I am going to be perusing it. I don't need to check up on my ancestors in the 11th century. That said this is a fabulous step forward for internet research. I imagine hordes of grad students are heaving sighs of relief.

*Not meant in the ironic Ian MacKaye way.

No comments: