Friday, August 11, 2006

Yet another way to waste some time

Ok it's better than most.

Are you reading the Washington Post discussions? They really are a wonder, short blasts of goodness on a variety of topics including music, politics and of course, books. Here is Rory Stewart on the subject of the Places In Between and his newer Iraq book which I have on hold at the library.

Dana Priest, the national security correspondent for the Post, does a weekly Q&A and I like this bit from a reader responding to the claims that the Admin somehow scheduled the terror arrests to distract from Lamont's victory in Conn.

Rockville, Md.: Wag the wag?

I suppose people have to address an event on the level of their interest and capacity, but I am getting tired of all the paranoid conclusions. If the President were that well organized, do they think we would be in the problems we are in?

Dana Priest: I agree.

Too many critics want the Admin to simultaneously be super-genius Machiavellians and also the Keystone cops.

1 comment:

Tripp said...

Oh man, the UN thing, that one just slays me. I mean, come on, what's so scary about a bunch of bureaucrats angling for advantage? It's like a large corporation.

And militant islamists and reason rarely meet.