Wednesday, September 27, 2006

and some Halloween candy

Normally I am given to curmudgeonly comments about how early in the year holiday items are marketed. I will piss and moan about how in my day, we didn't see any Christmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving. Halloween candy is another story. I'm not saying I want to see it at the Fourth of July, as I do like the fact you only get it part of the year. But if the drug stores put it out a little early I won't complain.

I am very happy to see that the orange marshmallow pumpkin is getting traction. Last night I tried the new Hershey one. I wish I had purchased a Russell Stover pumpkin for comparison, as I recall that one being slightly tastier. The orange marshmallow is not overly sweet and has a nice orange flavor that is stronger than the chocolate. I shared it with some trivia teammates last night, one of whom declared she would be giving it out at Halloween. I highly recommend buying them now, so you don't discover them late in October, right before they disappear. If you are feeling daring you can go try some of the other Russell Stover marshmallow pumpkins including coconut and strawberry.

In other Halloween candy news, for the first time I can recall, the Tootsie Fruit Rolls are available in their own bags at the drugstore. What a glorious Halloween it shall be.

No comments: