Friday, September 15, 2006

From the friends

HLK sent along this story on literary tourism in general and Edna St. Vincent Millay in particular. I am theoretically interested in literary tourism, but it doesn't grab me as much as I think it would. If there were a means of someone communing with the author's spirit that would be something. I would really like to get a James Ellroy based tour of LA. Or man, a George Pelecanos tour of DC would be an eye-opener. I would probably be giddy for a Trollope related tour, but it would be contrived as his Barset locales are mostly invented.

I was once in Dublin a few days after Bloomsday, so I heard all about the goings on. I am not a huge fan of Ulysses, so I wouldn't be all that excited anyway. One tour I did really enjoy was a literary/historical visit to Concord, MA.

Neill sent this item from the anyone can make a video file.

No comments: