Monday, January 22, 2007

Feeding the disease

Wow. The Borders Express (formerly Waldenbooks) at Pioneer Square in downtown Portland is closing on Jan 26. Everything in the store is 40% off. I spent more money than I intended. The acquisitions include:

Persian Fire by Tom Holland. His last book, Rubicon, was one of the best books I read in 2005.

Dresden. A controversial book about the Dresden bombing in 1945. I suspect it will go well with Armageddon which I also purchased.

Lost Dinosaurs of Egypt. It just looked fun.

1491 by Charles Mann. Not to be confused with 1421, a book about Chinese exploration of America, 1491 details what life was like in the Americas before Columbus showed up.

Who knows when I will actually (if ever) read these books. Sure I saved some cash, but from a time value of money perspective, if I spend money on an asset I won't use until a few years hence, I probably didn't save anything. Such is the life of a biblioholic.

No comments: